Tire Tracks in the Sand

>> Wednesday, July 22, 2009

On the way to work the other day I noticed a bumper sticker on the car in front of me that said, "The Lord is my Co-Pilot." So with tongue in cheek satire humor at its best, I thought of this poem to go along with a picture I took at the beach in Emerald Isle, North Carolina.

Tire tracks in the sand

One night I dreamed I was riding along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.

In each scene I noticed tire tracks in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of tire tracks, other times there was only one.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of tire tracks, so I said to the Lord,

“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you, you would drive with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of tire tracks in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”

The Lord replied, “The years when you have seen only one set of tire tracks, my child, is when I drove you.”

0 comments: