Are you 6C?

>> Thursday, May 13, 2010

So last week we headed north to visit the family and upon getting our seat assignments, I was separated from Alea and Weston. They were assigned seats 6A and 6B. I was given 7D which is behind and across the isle from Alea and Weston.


After getting on the plane, the flight attendant suggested I sit next to them and ask the person if they mind moving back and over one seat. So there I am sitting there waiting and wondering each time someone walks by if this is their seat? Finally an older lady stops and looks at me like I was in her seat while her husband stands behind her.

So I politely ask, "Are you 6C?"

Remember her husband standing behind her? Well, apparently he thought I said "Are you sexy?" and just started to laugh as if I had said the funniest thing on earth. She smiled politely back, and said, no and moved along on her way to her assigned seat. Alea and Weston caught on to the humor of the situation and couldn't stop laughing each time someone would walk by. Finally a man walked up, said I was in his seat, saw the kids, and said he wouldn't mind moving.

No, I didn't ask him if he was 6C!

0 comments: